суббота, 29 августа 2026 г.

Taras Shevchenko and Putin - representatives of the same people

 Alik Bakhshi


Taras Shevchenko and Putin - representatives of the same people






Taras Shevchenko, poet and artist. Vladimir Putin, liar and thief.


He spoke and wrote in Ukrainian. He neither speaks nor writes in Ukrainian.


"When I die, bury me

In dear Ukraine,

Amid the vast steppe

Dig a grave,

So that I may lie on a burial mound,

Over the mighty river,

So that I may hear the raging

Old Dnieper beneath the cliff.

And when from the fields of Ukraine

The blood of hateful enemies

Carries... then I will

Rise from the grave—

I will rise and reach

God's threshold,

I will pray... But for now

I do not know God.

Bury me and rise,

Break the chains,

Sprinkle my will with the evil blood of the enemy"

                                                          Taras Shevchenko 

I'd like to ask President Putin which hateful enemies of Ukraine are we talking about, and whose enemy blood Taras Shevchenko proposes to sprinkle in the struggle for freedom. Perhaps a strongman and expert on history, as Putin positions himself—and not only positions himself but also lectures—will explain why the Ukrainian poet and artist Shevchenko was exiled to the Kazakh steppes and forbidden to write or draw. It's a shame, but in those distant years, the imperial authorities didn't know the correct history according to Putin, namely, that Russians are the indigenous people of Ukraine. If that were true, they wouldn't have taken the reference to enemies in Shevchenko's poem personally, and they shouldn't have exiled the Russian Shevchenko. Incidentally, I'm interested in how Putin will explain why Shevchenko wrote not in Russian, but in some Ukrainian language, if he was Russian. How is it that if Russians and Ukrainians are, as Putin claims, the same people, then why do they speak different languages? For example, people in Turkey and people in Azerbaijan speak the same language they understand—Turkic. They are truly one people living in different countries. I believe the newly created "Commission under the President of the Russian Federation to Counter Attempts to Falsify History to the Detriment of Russia's Interests" (1) will find an explanation for this phenomenon. I dare to suggest that Shevchenko, when speaking of enemies, prophetically had in mind the State Department, Navalny, and other foreign agents like him.


"If they are right,

you understand my lie!

If they are human,

are we to be called human?"


Nizami


1. Appeal to the "Commission under the President of the Russian Federation to Counter Attempts to Falsify History. https://alikbahshi.livejournal.com/6934.html


01.07.2021

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий